Prayer Against the Antichrist and Pope in Rome with his Adherents. Luther.
Beloved God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! We pray You: visit us once again with all Your wonderful works, and let us see the day of the coming of the glory of Your Son, when that joker, the Antichrist, who is the man of sin and the son of perdition (2 Thessalonians 2: 3-4), will be overthrown and smashed to pieces. Bring to an end the massive deception of the devil, through which, sadly, at each moment many thousand souls perish and are dragged into hell, only for this reason—that the [adherents of the Pope] want to preserve the tyranny of the detestable and apostate (that is, [Christ-] renouncing] chair in Rome in its essential nature [as the seat within God’s temple in which man exalts himself above God—2 Thessalonians 2:4]. To this the whole world says, Amen, Amen. Martin Luther (1483-1546)
Evangelische Lutherischer Gebets-Schatz.
*Praying against the Pope as the antichrist is not an indication of hatred toward Roman Catholics. Jeremiah and the other prophets of Israel lambasted their people and especially their priests and rulers who led them into idolatry and other false teaching. They were accused of hating their own people, just as Jesus was when He condemned the chief priests and prophesied the desolation of Jerusalem.
It is impossible to really love people and at the same time be dedicated to not having people get angry with you. It’s also impossible to love people and refuse to face the truth and then tell the truth. The pure doctrine of Christ is about to be lost to our children because Lutherans (and protestants generally) have been deceived into thinking that the certainty of faith–and the confession of the truth that must follow true faith–is arrogance. We are not called to be arrogant. But we are called to be certain of God’s Word and to confess it and teach it not only in our own homes and congregations but before the great people of the world.
- Prayer for the Church and Against her Enemies – Luther. (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- Martin Luther’s Ambassador: An Unclean Frog Spirit (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- Dispensationalism (12160.info)
- The Facts About the Antichrist (donizzyreal.wordpress.com)
- St. Francis of Assisi Prophesies of the Beast (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Ghp – 09june12 – “You have heard that Antichrist cometh” (1 John 2:18); “This is Antichrist, (is that why the bird came to me in temple / i told the minister and went to the box) of whom you have heard that he cometh” but this is the son of the living g’d (godheadpost.wordpress.com)
- Justifying Our Way to Hell (loopyloo305.com)
- Many will be Offended (meshawnsenior.wordpress.com)