Prayer in Fear and Horror of Death and Hell. (Luther)
Ev. Luth. Gebets-Schatz
Dear Lord Christ, even though I have not fulfilled the law, and even though sin still very much remains within me, and I am afraid of death and hell–I still know this from the Gospel, that You have given me all Your works as a free gift. I am certain of this, because You cannot lie, and You will hold faithfully to Your promise. I have received Your pledge of this in Holy Baptism. Since You, then, dear God, are mine, I want to die gladly; because to die so is pleasing to You, my Father, since death cannot harm me, being swallowed up in victory (1 Corinthians 15). Now to You, dear Lord God, be thanks, You who have given us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
- Morning Prayer: Tuesday (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- Trinity 11 “God’s anger against you, and how it is turned away” (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- Funeral Sermon in an Uncertain Case (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- No Man Is Greater Than His Prayer Life (aparticularbaptistblog.wordpress.com)
- Holy Baptism: The Door of the Spiritual Life (poetrywritersbookshop.org)