Prayers for the First and Second Sundays in Advent. Gebets-Schatz.
Lord God, heavenly Father, it is truly right that we thank, laud, and praise you forever. For us poor men, who were captive under the tyranny of Death and the Devil because of sin, You appointed Your Son as a true King and Savior, who rescues and delivers us from our sins through His death. We pray You: through Your Holy Spirit enlighten, rule, and lead us, so that we cling to this true King and Savior and no other; that we may not, like the world, be offended by His beggarly appearance and His despised Word, but through a firm trust in Him come to everlasting blessedness. Amen. Johannes Eichorn (1511-1564)
Prayer on the Second Sunday in Advent.
Lord God, heavenly Father, You have revealed to us through Your Son, Jesus Christ, how heaven and earth will pass away, our bodies will be raised again, and we will all stand before Your judgment. Preserve us through Your Holy Spirit in Your Word and in true faith, we pray. Protect us from sin and keep us in all attacks of Satan, that we may not burden our hearts with eating, drinking and the cares of this age, but instead be watchful and pray at all times, awaiting with joy and sure confidence in Your grace the appearing of Your Son, and come through Him, at last, to everlasting blessedness. Amen. Johannes Eichorn (1511-1564)
- Prayers for the 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th Sundays after Trinity (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- Advent Services and Evening Prayer (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- Bringing the light of Advent to “Black Friday”… (cardinalsblog.adw.org)
- Second Sunday of Advent, Year C (preachingthenewlectionary.com)
- Waiting – Advent Theme (justinhiebert.wordpress.com